As a team member of Bluebird Storage, this position’s primary responsibility is to lead the team by managing operations and customer service functions. This includes accountability for branch operations, team results, team quality, and increasing sales; Call management for both incoming and outgoing calls, sales, rent collections and customer service, maintenance of overall facility, office appearance, and rental unit upkeep; scheduling.
Other primary duties include: Develop, coach, train, mentor, and manage team members to effectively execute their responsibilities; provide hands-on leadership while performing all team responsibilities (e.g. calls, quotes, sales, facility maintenance, etc.). The site manager leads by example through his/her technical skills, work ethic and experience to: a) develop the team into a high performance, customer focused team; and b) develop each team member’s skills and performance. There is no job too big or too small for a facility manager.
All team members at Bluebird Self Storage are responsible for ensuring effective team and cross-team communication, project coordination, site management.
- Maximize the income potential for the facility in accordance with corporate and team objectives
- Supervise duties, delegation, and responsibilities of team members to manage the operation of the facility.
- Ensure that calls received from clients or prospective clients are acted upon.
- Work with Senior management to prepare contracts for provision of facility services, ie cleaning/maintenance
- Work with senior management to coordinate all repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out at facility and monitor progress and cost of work.
- Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and prepare weekly funding reports
- Ability to train and incorporate sales strategies to rent units
- Renting self-storage spaces & selling our store merchandise
- Providing great service to new and existing customers
- Accepting monthly payments and making bank deposits
- Keeping the property and office clean and tidy. You will be able to walk around the property performing lock checks and showing off our units to customers. This isn’t just a desk job.
- Ability to maintain an excellent customer experience for all customers at all times
- Ability to use and understand basic computer software and telephone systems
- Flexibility to work shifts and/or overtime may occur on an occasional basis.
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to deal with unruly customers as needed
- Outdoors – monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the property
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
- Potential job relocation if needs of business require
- Assist with third party requests for investigations if/when needed
- Alarm response if/when needed
- Be prompt and on time for shifts and wear company uniform
- Ability to stand, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs, walk facility grounds
- Our customers need us on weekends, so you’ve got to work some weekends. But we are as flexible as possible with scheduling to help you achieve a great work-life balance.
- Because you’ll need to make bank deposits, you’ll need a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Sorry, but it’s a requirement.
- Every employee must submit to a background check.
- Some of the physical requirements of the job include daily walks of the property, cleaning the units and the property, opening and closing the storage doors (up to 50 lbs), and similar light activities. These are necessary to do this job.