- Only use good quality boxes or containers that can be secured tightly. Used or old boxes may have mold spores.
- Tape the bottom of your boxes to prevent the contents from spilling out.
- Boxes should be filled to capacity to avoid collapse and tipping when stacking. You can always fill the tops with towels/blankets etc.
- Use smaller boxes for heavier items so that they are easier to lift.
- Place a fabric softener sheet in your boxes containing, bedding, towels, etc. to keep the smelling fresh.
- Use bubble wrap to protect your delicate items.
- Immobilize moving parts and remove all detachable cables and wires from your T.V., stereo, VCR, DVD and computer. Colour code or label wiring for easier reinstallation. Tape of tie cables and wires.
- Bubblewrap your electrical items. Mark as fragile.
- Take legs of tables off. Tape bubble wrap or packing paper to the legs of your table and chairs to protect them from damage.
- Cover items such as mattresses, sofas and chairs with dust proof covers.
- Wrap pictures and mirrors individually in bubble wrap or picture boxes and mark as fragile. Stack on end.
- Pack lamps and lamp shades in individual boxes. Use clean paper, bubble wrap or towels for padding.
- Pack books flat to protect their spines.
- Close the box and seal shut with tape to prevent damage, to make stacking easier and to prevent dust.
- Each time you pack a box, use your marker to label contents and where they are to be unloaded.
Need help? Our support team is available 24/7 at 1-844-855-NEST